Build of v4.0.x fails : freeradius-devel/io/ring_buffer.h: No such file or directory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 16 18:09:37 CET 2018

On Feb 16, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Chaigneau, Nicolas <nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com> wrote:

> I have GNU Make 3.82
>
> Still not working:
>
> make
> CC jlibtool.c
> LN-SF src/include src/freeradius-devel
> LN-SF src/include/io src/freeradius-devel/io
> (...)
>
> I assume this was supposed to create a link ?

  Yes.

> If so something went wrong, instead I have a file:
>
> cat src/freeradius-devel/io
> ../lib/io/

  Uh... that's a problem on your end then.  You're not doing the build on a Linux machine.

  Soft links are special files, where the contents of the file are the actual link.  But.. you can't "cat" a soft link:

$ cat src/include/io
cat: src/include/io: Is a directory

 because 'io' is a soft link to the directory.  So it *cannot* be opened by the "cat" command.  Instead, the OS reads src/include/io, dereferences it to src/lib/io, and then passes *that* handle to "cat". Which then complains it's not a directory.

  Don't use Windows.  It makes things more difficult.

  Alan DEKok.