Freeradius 3.0.16 installation failure

Alejandro Pérez Méndez alex at um.es
Mon Jun 18 09:58:12 CEST 2018

Hola Javier,

fist of all, this is not the user list, but the developers list. If you
did not find a bug, you should be using the freeradius-users.

Now, regarding your problem, it seems you've messed up with the
configuration somehow by installing from packages and from sources
altogether in the same machine.

My recommendation is that you try from a clean environment. I tried to
install FR myself in Ubuntu 18.04 and succeeded without much problem.
The following test took me 2m. Please, try the same in a clean
installation (it can be docker, LXC, LXD, KVM, Virutalbox, whatever).

docker run -ti ubuntu:18.04 (or any other installation means you prefer)
1. apt-get -y update
2. apt-get -y dist-upgrade
3. apt-get install freeradius-mysql freeradius

I saw no problems at all.

Regards,
Alejandro