FREERADIUS ON CYGWIN

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Thu Sep 27 10:35:46 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2018-09-27 at 07:30 +0300, Onur GURSOY wrote:
> But I think I I saw many release , the called name winradius or
> freeradius.net, freeradious.net says , freeradious.net build from
> original source 2.0 release on cygwin.
>
> I wonder how it's compiling,I can't do this.
> So this is real freeradious.net

That was based on v1, not v2, and the web site has nothing to do with
the FreeRADIUS project.

Someone (I don't know who) managed many years ago to build an old
version of FreeRADIUS with Cygwin, and put EXEs up on a web site with
no source code or attribution.

The version is obsolete, and it was never supported by the project. I
wouldn't go anywhere near it personally, especially over 10 years
later and when you have no idea what's in the executables.

--
Matthew