Compiling fuzzer

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 15 18:29:31 CEST 2020

On Jul 15, 2020, at 11:36 AM, electricworry <worryelectric at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build FreeRADIUS with the fuzzers, but I'm running into
> some problems. Can anyone please point out what I'm doing wrong?

  v3 doesn't build with a fuzzer.  Only "master" branch has fuzzer support.

> First up I appended "CFLAGS += -fsanitize=fuzzer" to Make.inc.in
> before running ./configure.

  That shouldn't be necessary.  In the "master" branch, see src/bin/fuzzer.mk  You can just follow the instructions in that file.

> Next I had to amend my configure command
> so that clang is used:
>
>    ./configure CC=clang

  Yes, that should be good.

> Next I ran into linking issues because not all binaries have LibFuzzer
> targets (as I would expect) so I appended again to Make.inc.in
> "LDFLAGS += -fsanitize=fuzzer-no-link" (which is probably the wrong
> direction). At the stage of compiling src/bin/fuzzer.c I get an error:

  Just follow the instructions in the fuzzer.mk file.

> What am I missing? Looking at the makefiles it looks like it should
> build out of the box but I seem to be missing something.

  The fuzzer tools do NOT build automatically out of the box.  They are not (yet) part of the automated regression tests.