Updating Mysql version in a FreeRadius Server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 16 15:45:30 CET 2021

On Feb 16, 2021, at 6:59 AM, wifi.italia-delivery <wifi.italia-delivery at infratelitalia.it> wrote:

  Configuration questions generally belong in freeradius-users, but whatever.

> In my system I implemented a FreeRadius instance (Versione 3.0.4) that retrieves data from a dB on Cloud AWS. Due to schedule maintenance of AWS, I have to update the instance Amazon RDS MySQL 5.6 to the newer version MySQL 5.7.
> The update can impact the system?

  Any update can "impact" the system.  It's a very general question.

  To be honest, you really want to upgrade to 3.0.21.  It has a host of fixes and tweaks over 3.0.4.

>  *   Is there a way/path where I can check if there are some funcionalities/drivers that could be impacted?
>  *   The updating could cause some disruption of the service?

  Generally speaking, changing the database won't affect FreeRADIUS.

  As with most of these issues, if it's a VM... take a snapshot, and then upgrade.  If something goes wrong, revert to the previous snapshot.