[External] Re: GPL license versions between dependencies

Weber, Matthew L Collins Matthew.Weber at collins.com
Fri Jul 30 16:16:30 CEST 2021

Alan,

It is LGPL but also it notes that GPL v3 or later as the license.   I'm pretty sure a GPLv3 LGPL can't be used as a library to a GPLv2 (Still haven't found good guidance on this to understand for sure that's the case).

> > which Freeradius uses, and Freeradius (GPL2) there is a mismatch of GPL versions.  What do others think?
>
>   I'd like to know why you think it's GPLv3.

Mentioned here:
https://github.com/samba-team/samba/blob/master/lib/talloc/talloc.h#L17

-Matt