FreeRADIUS / pam_radius

Senouci Briksi, Djelloul djelloul.briksi at wabtec.com
Wed Feb 16 13:43:41 UTC 2022

Hi,

We are using pam_radius to authenticate a witty http-browser (client) to a freeradius server.

Our freeradius server is configured to send a dedicated/special Reply-Message when responding to an authenticate-request.

I have seen in pam_radius_auth.c<https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/pam_radius/blob/master/src/pam_radius_auth.c> that Reply-Messages are only read as long as (response->code == PW_ACCESS_CHALLENGE).
Reply-Messages are currently not read if (response->code == PW_AUTHENTICATION_ACK).
Is there a reason why Reply-Messages are not read in this case?

Freundliche Grüsse / Best regards / Cordialement
Djelloul Briksi
Software Development

ANNAX Schweiz AG
Zentweg 9 - 3006 Bern - Switzerland
Phone:                 +41 31 950 86-21
Fax:                        +41 31 950 86-10
E-Mail:                  djelloul.briksi at wabtec.com
Skype:                  djelloul.briksi at wabtec.com
Internet:              www.annax.de

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.