Regarding backport fix of https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/3501 to 3.0.x branches.

saurabha badhai saurabha.badhai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 05:32:53 UTC 2023

Hi All,
I was going through the codebase 3.0.x which includes TLS non blocking fix.
I see still TCP is blocking as set to False below.

   this->fd = fr_socket_client_tcp(&home->src_ipaddr,
                                                &home->ipaddr, home->port,
*false*);

In my case, issue is when AAA server not reachable, service thread get
stuck in the above TCP connect for around 2 mins and no other messge get
processed for that time. Is the PR #5013 (Fix for issue #3501) having this
fix as well ?

Thanks,
Saurabha