Regarding backport fix of https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/3501 to 3.0.x branches.

saurabha badhai saurabha.badhai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:19:41 UTC 2023

Yes I am using RADSEC which uses TLS. I see in TLS establishment procedure
first part is TCP connection and then starts TLS handshake to make a secure
connection.

I am facing an issue in the first part in TCP connect, thread get stuck
here in *fr_socket_client_tcp and *does not come out for 2 mins if AAA
server is down or network is unavailable which impacts other radius
messages to process around that time. This blocks the complete server to
process any message.

My doubt is whether this TCP blocking for 2 mins before the TLS handshake
procedure gets fixed with this TLS non-blocking PRs ?

Thanks,
Saurabha