Regarding backport fix of https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/3501 to 3.0.x branches.

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Jun 6 09:40:04 UTC 2023

On 06/06/2023 10:19, saurabha badhai wrote:
> My doubt is whether this TCP blocking for 2 mins before the TLS handshake
> procedure gets fixed with this TLS non-blocking PRs ?

Rather than keep asking questions about the code, you could save a lot
of time and just actually try it.

The known problems with this issue are fixed in 3.2.3, that's the best
option to go for.

It was backported to 3.0, so 3.0.x HEAD should also be fine.

It's free software. You haven't got to pay any licence fee to upgrade.
You can test it out and see if there is a problem with the versions that
to our knowledge are all good. If there are bugs in the latest version
then reporting that would actually be helpful.

At some point you are just going to have to upgrade anyway as you know
you've got a problem on your current version. You may as well do it now.

Asking questions about code that you think might have a problem but
haven't even tried is just wasting everyone's time.

--
Matthew