Query on UDP proxy socket using freeradius version 3.0.16

saurabha badhai saurabha.badhai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 12:35:20 UTC 2023

I see UDP socket is bind to port 0 which means kernel will allocate the
ephemeral port based on the available list.

I am observing that the port is still in open state even though
after request is served. It's listed in netstat -anp command after 2 days.
There is no message served by that port for last 2 days.

*netstat -anp* output
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:*26307           *0.0.0.0:*
      19293/radiusd

Below is *ss -anp* output
udp    UNCONN     0      0         *:26307                 *:*
      users:(("radiusd",pid=19293,fd=26))

Can anyone help to answer when this socket bind to port 26307 get closed or
always in open state ? Problem here if suppose want to connect to 100
different AAAs, then all socket will be in open state which may not correct.

Thanks,
Saurabha