Query on UDP proxy socket using freeradius version 3.0.16

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 16 18:44:37 UTC 2023

On Jun 16, 2023, at 1:40 PM, saurabha badhai <saurabha.badhai at gmail.com> wrote:
> freeradius <-> loadbalancer <-> AAA

  That doesn't make much sense.  But at this point, I'm not surprised.  Every message has new / different information.  Which means it's very difficult to help you.

> Based on proxy udp src port load balancer map the request to a AAA, so if a
> src port is mapped to AAA1 for few initial access request and
> access-challenge before accept, if next request get proxied with a new src
> port then load balancer sends to a different AAA, may be AAA2 which reject
> it.

  The load balancer is broken.  It doesn't do RADIUS properly.

> Because of freeradius udp port change request get rejected.

  No.

  The request gets rejected for a different reason.  The reason is in the FreeRADIUS logs.

> That's why I asked this query ita related to freeradius.

  So you didn't describe what is *actually* happening until about 5 messages in.  The previous messages all asked unrelated / irrelevant questions which were unrelated to the actual issue.

  And when FreeRADUS rejects the request, it gives the reason.

  All of this nonsense could have been avoided if you had (a) posted the debug log as suggested by ALL OF THE DOCUMENTATION and (b) given a clear description of the problem in the first message.

  Instead, you put a lot of effort into doing things which are completely useless.

  This isn't a FreeRADIUS problem.  The load balancer is broken.

  If you're going to continue asking questions, then you need to post questions *only* about FreeRADIUS, and also *include the debug output* as suggested by all of the documentation.