XP supplicant and Secure Cerficate acceptance

Zoltan Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Mon Aug 1 23:01:28 CEST 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 16:37, jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu wrote:
> I am running FreeRadius 1.0.4 and using XP supplicants.  My problem
> is after authenticating against FreeRadius, XP asks me to OK
> the server certificate.
>
> I do not want to manually validate the server certificate.  XP should be
> able to validte the certificate by itself, as long as the cert has been
> issued by a valid Certificate Authority.  I have tried using certs from
> DigiCert and Verisign.
>
> Does anyone else see this same problem?  How can this step be automated so
> that my users are not requried this additional click?

On the XP machines you can either uncheck the "Validate server certificate" in
the EAP properties (not recommended) or you can specify the trusted root
certificate that you are using (check the box in the list) and the RADIUS
server names.

The validation is not a big deal and you only have to do it once unless you
are wiping the eapinfo from the registry on shutdown.

Zoltan Ori