accounting records per nasid, not ip address

freeradius at puchol.com freeradius at puchol.com
Mon Aug 1 23:42:26 CEST 2005

hi,

this is my first time using freeradius. had a good experience
so far.

i had to coerce the latest cvs version into fedora
core 3 with more hacks than i would have liked, but that's ok,
it's up and running.

one issue i find so far is that my NASs have a dynamic ip.
i managed this externally at great pains, however, for the
purposes of radius accounting, i'd like to see the
accounting records on a per-nasid file in

	/var/log/radius/radacct/<nasid>

rather than what i see now as:

	/var/log/radius/radacct/<ip-address>

i could not find a simple way to do this by looking around, though
i may be missing something. is this doable as-is?
if not, any hint on where to hack this would be greatly appreciated.

while i am on the list, and at the risk of irking someone i would like to
(lazily) ask if anyone knows offhand where can i find a document that i saw a
few months back on "hardening" radiusd.  the process exited on me a couple of
times due to dynamic ip issues, creating multi-hour blackouts that i rather not
see again. looking for freeradius hardening or crashing i cannot seem to find
that most excellent list of things to restart or manage a crashed server.

thanks in advance!