VSA id's higer than 255

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 2 17:35:41 CEST 2005

Fawaz Qamhawi <fawazq at eim.ae> wrote:
> We are using freeradius 1.0.4 and having a problem with
> VSA id's higher than 255 (more than 8 bit).

  Hmm.. those aren't in the standard dictionaries that I can see.

> When one of the attributes above are sent back to the NAS,
> it seems that radius is sending it as 8 bit thus interpreted as something
> else on the Lucent NAS.

  The code in src/lib/radius.c is responsible.  It should be checking
for attributes above 255, and discarding them.

> Any simple solution for that ?

  How are the attributes supposed to be encoded in the packet?  The
normal VSA's use one byte to represent vendor attributes.  Since 287
won't fit into ne byte, something else has to be done here.