Cisco, DNIS and ISDN Problems

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Aug 4 17:37:24 CEST 2005

"Wilhelm Lehmann" <wilhelm at namibnet.com> wrote:
> I have been using Livingston Radius for a very long time, and decided it was
> time to upgrade to FreeRadius.

  Good choice. :)

> We have various pop's authenticating to our radius server, and to make sure
> everything worked ok I first set only the lucent based pop's to authenticate
> on FreeRadius. This worked 100% and we decided to let the cisco boxes also
> authenticate on the new radius server.

  So... you didn't test ISDN?

> Suddenly we found the ISDN users can't authenticate.
> Running radiusd -xx gives no info as to why it was rejected.

  Are you sure?  If you're not familiar with FreeRADIUS, you may be
missing something.

  99.99% of the time, the server prints out messages saying why a
request is reject.  The information is there.

  Please post the debug log to the list, and let someone else
interpret it.