XP won't authenticate with EAP TLS - log shows unknown_ca fatal error

Landon Cox freeradius at 360vl.com
Sat Aug 6 16:38:25 CEST 2005

Thanks for looking at this, Michael.

I decided to restart the certificate generation process and did it
again from scratch following the article.  Same results.

I did it a 3rd time and but this time copied the certs to /etc/ssl/
certs and insured all CNs were unique (not being completely up on
what is right or wrong w/r to input values for the cert process or
what directories the new certs needed to live in, I wanted to make
sure that wasn't an issue.)  So, one of those actions did the trick
and I haven't gone back to isolate which one.

After that I was able to login - authenticated in both directions,
too.  I did go ahead and do the pkcs export password and that worked
fine.  I'm not sure what Bauer's comment was referring to in the
article about XP supplicants only working with non-pw protected certs
in the store.  Oh well, it's up and working and I'm grateful.

Thank you,

Landon