Pb with EAP/MD5

Zoltan A. Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Mon Aug 8 11:42:30 CEST 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 03:54, Rafael DiazMaurin wrote:
> Hello,
> Cna someone help me ?
> I use : freeradius 1.0.4, and a switch CISCO 2950
>
> I'm trying to configure EAP/MD5, but the client can't show the window of
> login/password, it's connected to the network without asking for the
> login/password, and the freeradius daemon is still :
>             Listening on authentication *:1812
>             Listening on accounting *:1813
>             Ready to process requests.
> A part of the log of the freeradius :
>     Module: Loaded eap
>      eap: default_eap_type = "md5"
>      eap: timer_expire = 60
>      eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = yes
>      eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
>     rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
>     Module: Instantiated eap (eap)

The Cisco 2950 is the client (or NAS). Is it configured?

XP is the supplicant. If the Cisco 2950 (client) doesn't require login, then
the supplicant will simply connect without any authentication dialog.

> The local tests are ok !

Then server is probably working just fine.

> Here is the configurations I tested :
> raddb/users :
> test    Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "test"
>          Service-Type = Framed-User

Don't set the Auth-Type in users file.

> On the client (windows XP sp2) I configure the 802.1x properties on Type
> EAP : MD5-Challenge

That is the supplicant. Now, configure the client.

Zoltan