EAP challenge gets ignored with some clients

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Aug 11 20:09:38 CEST 2005

"David Mitton" <david at mitton.com> wrote:
> Could you be more specific about the fix?
> How about a KB article number?   or keywords that hit on MSDN?

  "windows xp sp2 radius hotfix" in Google brings up:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885453

  It looks like they updated the text, too.  Last I recall seeing it,
they made various B.S. claims about third-party RADIUS servers doing
all sorts of things wrong.  The explanation there now makes a little
more sense.

  But I don't recall that the packet traces I've seen from XP SP2
without the fix match this explanation, either.