MPPE/PEAP support not in anything but CVS snapshots?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Aug 19 02:31:16 CEST 2005

"Bill Carr" <bcarr at commsolutions.com> wrote:
> I have a quick question, I ran across a note in a document about
> 0.97 stating that MPPE support was only in the nightly snapshots and
> not in the normal releases.
>
> (http://www.alphacore.net/contrib/nantes-wireless/eap-tls-HOWTO.html)
>
> If this changed since 2002, could someone let me know when?

  When 1.0.0 was released.

> Otherwise I'm chasing my tail using a RHEL ES RPM which starts, runs
> but won't start the EAP piece, but a freshly compiled version works
> fine.

  Since you won't say what (if any) error message is produced, it's a little difficult to help you.

> I have a client who's a stickler for using the "vendor"-blessed
> versions and I've been trying to figure out why this has been more
> difficult to set up than most of my out-of-the-box configs.

  You're also not saying which version you're trying to install.

  Try giving information which will help people understand what you're
doing.  And if you're installing 0.9.x, the official answer is "don't".