problems with the detail file

jgruwell at cox.net jgruwell at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 18:48:00 CEST 2005

Hello,
  I am running freeradius version 1.0.4 on Fedora Core 4.  I have a problem with the detail file that writes to the radacct directory.  I noticed that this log file is setup to write by default.  I have uncomment the appropriate lines to have the auth-detail and replay-detail log files written to that same directory.  There is no problem with these files being written to that directory either.  I receive no errors for these three log files during the daemon startup or during debug output.  It looks like this should be working but only the auth-detail and reply-detail log files are being written to that directory. I have no detail file in that directory. Here is the debug output of the server.

Module: Loaded detail
 detail: detailfile = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%Y%m%d"
 detail: detailperm = 384
 detail: dirperm = 493
 detail: locking = no
Module: Instantiated detail (auth_log)
Module: Loaded realm
 realm: format = "suffix"
 realm: delimiter = "@"
 realm: ignore_default = no
 realm: ignore_null = no
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
 files: usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"
 files: acctusersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/acct_users"
 files: preproxy_usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
 files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
 acct_unique: key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
 detail: detailfile = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d"
 detail: detailperm = 384
 detail: dirperm = 493
 detail: locking = no
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded radutmp
 radutmp: filename = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp"
 radutmp: username = "%{User-Name}"
 radutmp: case_sensitive = yes
 radutmp: check_with_nas = yes
 radutmp: perm = 384
 radutmp: callerid = yes
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
 detail: detailfile = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/reply-detail-%Y%m%d"
 detail: detailperm = 384
 detail: dirperm = 493
 detail: locking = no
Module: Instantiated detail (reply_log)
Listening on authentication 192.168.1.222:1645
Listening on accounting 192.168.1.222:1646
Ready to process requests.

I can’t see any differences for the output between the three files.  I receive no erros during startup as well.  I think this should be working, but I only get two log files auth-detail and reply-detail, not the detail file.  Any help you may be able to give me would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance.

I attached the whole debug output in case you may need it.