Mobile phone authentification

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 23 20:02:41 CEST 2005

<Marc.Schlueter at comneon.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use FREERADIUS as an authentification method for mobile
> phones, but I'm not sure

  First, it's not "authentification", it's "authentication", without
an "f".

> Now I was told that RADIUS is the solution. RADIUS is able to detect the
> actual sender information and delivers this information to the
> proxy/gateway which is then able to insert the missing value into the
> sender-header and everybody's happy ;)
>
> Someone was able to follow my thoughts?

  Nope.  RADIUS doesn't "detect sender information".

  I'm not sure you understand what RADIUS does.  It's just
authentication and accounting, for the most part.  It doesn't appear
to be involved at all in the scenario you described.