Example of Mac OS X EAP-TLS process?

Landon Cox freeradius at 360vl.com
Tue Aug 23 23:50:37 CEST 2005

I've got a good, working FreeRadius running EAP-TLS on a SuSE 9.2
box.  I've had good luck with WPA supplicants for XP SP2 and several
vendor PCMCIA card supplicants - all on XP SP2.

I've been trying to get an OS X (Tiger) machine up with the same type
of setup, but each time I set the 802.1x "TLS" check box, I always
get an error stating that there is no valid certificate available on
the machine.  I've imported both the client and root CA certs into
the Mac OS X Keychain (the root CA imported into X509 anchors
category and the client cert into 'logins'.)

I've generated the Mac client cert in the same way as I do the XP
client cert except without the xpextensions ASN.1 options on openSSL.

I realize this isn't a FreeRadius question per-se but was hoping that
someone else in FR land has done an 802.1x EAP-TLS setup on OS X w/FR
and had success.

Thank you,

Landon