freeradius + MySQL not working after upgrade from 1.0.1

marc-ml at neoharmonix.net marc-ml at neoharmonix.net
Wed Aug 24 03:30:16 CEST 2005

Problem solved.  I had been compiling versions > 1.0.1 without enabling
Ascend binary support.

>   Are you sure you didn't edit the dictionaries?  Are you sure there's
> no other attribute 242, of type "octets"?  Are you sure you're using
> the 1.0.4 dictionaries with 1.0.4?

I was in the process of removing and reinstalling freeradius, on what was
already a fresh install on a new sever. to make absolute sure of all of
that when I noticed a Gentoo local use flag, "frascend", which appears to
have been introduced in Gentoo freeradius ebuilds after version 1.0.1
which changed the "default" behavior for later versions to not enable what
was previously enabled "by default".

Much thanks.
-Marc