Excluding non-NAS from simultaneous-use checks

Dan Siemon dsiemon at cyg.net
Fri Aug 26 19:52:28 CEST 2005

I'm looking for a way to exclude some sources of RADIUS authentication
requests from being subjected to the simultaneous-use checks.

Basically we use RADIUS for more than just dialin,  simultaneous-use is
not applicable to these services.

I found the following thread on the Cistron mailing list which would
solve my problem if I were still running Cistron.

http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/cistron-radius/2002-June/003861.html

Setting the RAS type to none appears to have no effect for FreeRADIUS.

Is there another way to accomplish this with FreeRADIUS?