New checkItem from LDAP

Joe H jharlan at gwi.net
Wed Aug 31 16:30:55 CEST 2005

> Joe H <jharlan at gwi.net> wrote:
>> lines.  lines 2 and 11 are other DEFAULT entries in the users file with
>> fall-through set to yes.  It skips right over the SNS-Enable checkItem.
>
>  Ah.  The "users" file isn't set up to do comparisons on check items.
>
>  So I don't think it will work.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

That's basically the conclusion I came to, which is why I asked.

Is there a way to add another attribute to the ldap module in the
radiusd.conf.  Something similar to the groupname_attribute?

I've found that adding a fake second module to this file and setting
groupname_attribute = radiusSNSEnable works if I do something like the
following in the users file:

DEFAULT sns-test-Ldap-Group != "1"
         USR-Framed_IP_Address_Pool_Name = "BLACKHOLE1",
         Idle-Timeout := "120",
         Fall-Through = Yes

where sns-test is my module name.  This way works but I think it's messy
since I'm creating a module for just one attribute to be called.  Plus if
I ever need to add new attributes, that's a lot of modules.

Thanks.