Freeradius How to integrate Active Directory [AD Integration WindowsXP NTLM Tutorial]

Bohannan, Chad W Chad_Bohannan at reyrey.com
Thu Dec 1 18:26:40 CET 2005

Hello,
	I am attempting to have FR authenticate administrative access
for my Cisco gear against AD. The problem I am having is this. When I
attempt to join the realm <<net ads join -U UID>> the command appears
successful and from the AD side, the system has joined (visable in AD),
however the proccess hangs on the FR side. If I stop the process and
reissue the command, I get the following output and the process again
hangs:

[2005/12/01 11:08:36, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_add_machine_acct(1405)
  ads_add_machine_acct: Host account for rws-radius01 already exists -
modifying old account

<<ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=mydomain --username= \myuid>>

NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
(0xc00000da)

<<wbinfo -a UID%PASSWD>>

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error messsage was: No such user
Could not authenticate user UID%PASSWD with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
error messsage was: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
Could not authenticate user UID with challenge/response

I am sure there is something simple I have overlooked, but I am unable
to find it at this point. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Chad