Signal 10

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Dec 5 22:43:30 CET 2005

I have a primary and backup freeradius server running on different
machines.  For the last couple days they have both been receiving a
signal 10 at almost the same time.  The secondary server gets the
signal exactly 10 seconds after the primary.  The time between the
signals varies from a few hours to a week or so.  I can't seem to
find anything else that is going on at that time.

The secondary system is basically idle.  It only handles a test check
every 10 minutes.  So far none of the signals have occurred within 2
minutes of one of those test checks.  The primary server is quite
busy.  Nothing unusual shows in the radius.log,   Messages shows the
signal 10 but no core dump and none is actually generated.  I have
some internal debugging in my rlms and I enabled that but nothing
shows there either.  I suspect its a request from somewhere.  I am
going to enable tcpdump on the secondary server but am at a loss to
figure out how to get a core dump.  I don't see any place in the code
where signal 10 is redirected.  Any other ideas on how to diagnose
this problem?  Thanks.