RADIUS Accounting

Madhuraka Godahewa maduraka at electroteks.com
Fri Dec 9 19:19:12 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have installed freeRADIUS 1.0.5 recently and configured it. It works
perfectly for authenticating users connecting through WLAN AP. I have a little
problem with RADIUS accounting.

I understand that the accounting requests should be sent by the NAS to the
RADIUS server. My problem is how can we set the frequency of sending these
accounting requests. That is how often the NAS will send accounting requests to
the RADIUS server? Can we configure that setting (frequency of sending the
accounting requests) through freeRADIUS conf files or do we need to configure
it throough the configuration interface of the NAS?

Thanking You.,

Madhuraka Godahewa
Telecommunications Engineer
Research and Development Unit