Memory big problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Dec 12 07:09:23 CET 2005

"Dimple" <dimple at mail.primorye.ru> wrote:
> I installed latest freeradius cvs-snapshot freeradius-snapshot-20051130 on
> Debian Linux 10 vs Oracle db 10 and Oracle Internet Directory (LDAP) 10. I
> have about 30 clients in clients.conf and about 30 connections in a second,
> including accounting requests. I have 8G RAM on server and freeradius daemon
> takes away all free memory within two day!

  That shouldn't be happening/

> I use following modules in my radiusd.conf:
> acct_unique, attr_rewrite, chap, checkval, detail, dictionary, expiration,
> files, ldap, logintime, mschap, pap, preprocess, sql, sql_oracle,
> sqlcounter.

  Set up a test server, and remove the modules from radiusd.conf one
by one until the memory leak goes away.  You can then tell which
module is the source of the memory leak.

> I understand, what the information has not enough, but somebody can will
> prompt, what module most likely uses for itself all memory?

  Given their complexity, I would say ldap and/or sql.  Maybe
sqlcounter or files, which also have changed recently.