rlm_ldap.so not found, Freeradius 1.0.5

Christophe Gravier christophe.gravier at univ-st-etienne.fr
Wed Dec 14 12:39:51 CET 2005

First, Hello to the mailing ! ;-)

I installed freeradius on a fresh debian etch (testing) machine.
( FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.5 as it is package in debian etch tree ).

I want my radius being able to authenticate users against an external LDAP source.

So I think I've made the right changes (in particular, I modified the /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf), but when I launch the freeradius server, I received:
Wed Dec 14 14:23:36 2005 : Info: Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Wed Dec 14 14:23:36 2005 : Info: rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Wed Dec 14 14:23:36 2005 : Error: radiusd.conf[724] Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap': rlm_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hummm, I don't think it'll work as it is :)

I have search for rlm_ldap.so, I have no such library in my /usr/lib/freeradius/ directory (there I've got stuff for mysql and so on). I have try the achieve mailing list and googling, but there's just questions and so few answers ....

Does anyone could enventually point me a clue please ?
Or a link to the howto he followed for freeradius using ldap ?

Best regards,

--
Christophe Gravier
Laboratoire DIOM, groupe SATIn - Doctorant