Authenticate users for a hotel through webpage?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Wed Dec 14 12:42:18 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 12:30 schrieb mfred:
> Hi,
>
> maybe someone can point me to the right direction as it seems I use wrong
> keywords for my search in the list and on google.
> I am trying to use freeradius with wlan to authenticate hotel guests that
> need i-net access.
>
> They would prefer that the customer could visit a webpage entering the
> username / password combination they got at hotel-reception. Would this be
> a authentication methode which freeradius can handle or do I have to use
> other authentication modules for such a purpose?
>
> The most important thing is: Easy to use for the hotel staff at registering
> / deleting guests and easy to use for the guests at login.
>
> TIA and br,
>
> mfred

hi,

how do you do accounting in this case? Does the user has to go to the same web
site again and to say good-bye? Or don't you do time-based accounting? What
else? Accounting flat per room number, per traffic? I think there are better
solutions than that.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42