Authenticate users for a hotel through webpage?

Christophe Gravier christophe.gravier at univ-st-etienne.fr
Wed Dec 14 12:46:40 CET 2005

Hello mfred,

It is just the same things I want to achieve here in my university. This
is captive portal (hope this is good translation)

For that, I had to use chillispot, apache2, freeradius and ldap.
I think, please correct me if freeradius is only able to do the whole
thing ..., Freeradius is just a piece of the puzzle.

- apache2 host the webpage for authentification (a cgi script) (using ssl)
- chilispot use vtun in order to take control of your network interface
plug to your wireless area (and thus redirect you to the apache page for
authentification if you're not !)
- freeradius handle the authentification and accounting using our
pre-existing ldap directory listing all the users (teachers, students ...).

I have written a complete howto that I'll post this afternoon or
tomorrow (needs typo correction) to chillispot forum.
I can send you the draft if you need. (I hope freeradius can't do the
stuff so that I'm not making ads for anotyher system :D).

HTH,

Regards,

Christophe.

--
Christophe Gravier
Laboratoire DIOM, groupe SATIn - Doctorant