PAM client password change

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Sat Dec 17 03:05:07 CET 2005

I see that

>http://www.freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/README

says

>  This is the PAM to RADIUS authentication module.  It allows any
>Linux or Solaris machine to become a RADIUS client for authentication
>and password change requests.

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK!  But then http://www.freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/USAGE

says

> The module takes a number of configuration options.
> Password changing is not implemented, as the RADIUS protocol does not

So README says yes, and USAGE says no.

I want take all my users out of /etc/passwd and put them in a RADIUS
server (running on the same host).  And it would be nice if they could
change their own passwords.  But after reading the documents above, I
don't know what to believe.

Is this possible with pam_radius?