Auth All but only for those in my clients.conf

Mojo Jojo mylist at lightwavetech.com
Sat Dec 17 22:44:11 CET 2005

Hello, been reading the list for months, first time posting.

I am trying to setup a FreeRadius server which will basically authenticate
all request which it receives from any IP in the clients.conf which has the
correct secret.

It seems that setting:
DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept

in the users file accomplishes the AuthAll part but it is doing an auth all
for any IP not just the ones in my clients.conf, also it doesn't seem to
matter what the secret is set to on the client end, it still sends and
accept.

If I turn off the DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept, my clients.conf including the
secret is honored.

Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance.