Use Client-IP-Address in Hungroups?

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Wed Dec 21 21:38:45 CET 2005

Hello,

First, before I forget again, this link:

http://www.freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/

(linked from: http://www.freeradius.org/usage.html)

is "Forbidden" and has been for some time.  I keep forgetting to mention
it when I see it since I just grab the tarball and get the info I need.

Anyway, to my question...

I read through the docs and man pages regarding huntgroups.  All of the
examples use items like this:

alphen         NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.2.5
alphen         NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.2.6

Is it possible to do this?

network1         Client-IP-Address == 192.168.2.5
network1         Client-IP-Address == 192.168.2.6

network2         Client-IP-Address == 192.168.6.45
network2         Client-IP-Address == 192.168.6.46

If I understand the way huntgroups work, then I think I can add:

user	Huntgroup	:=	network1

to my radcheck table and restrict user to modems from a particular modem
provider (who is proxying radius to us).  They add and remove NAS's
quite oftem, so using NAS-IP-Address would be painful.

Hopefully I am understanding it correctly since it would be somewhat
easier than our current method (using a passwd module and regex matching).

If anyone has tried it and it definitely won't work with
Client-IP-Address, then it will save me several hours testing and
running back and forth from the dialup machine.

Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator