Radius SIP billing

Lenir lenirsantiago at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 03:43:12 CET 2005

Hey guys,

I'm running FR1.0.5 with unixODBC (Sybase) backend and I'm trying to bill
calls generated from Sip Express Router (SER). The problem that I have is
the following scenario:

When UserA calls UserB: SER generates a star-record where the
Calling-Station-Id is UserA and the Called-Station-Id is UserB, this is the
desired and always the correct behavior.

When UserA hangs up on UserB: SER generates a stop-record where the
Calling-Station-Id is UserA and the Called-Station-Id is UserB, this is the
desired and correct behavior.

But if UserB hangs up on UserA: SER generates a stop-record where the
Calling-Station-Id is UserB and the Called-Station-Id is UserA, this is the
undesired and incorrect behavior.

To me the Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id should be the same
for both start and stop records, am I right by thinking that?

According to the developers of SER/OpenSER, this is the correct behavior,
whoever sends the hangup signal (BYE or CANCEL) is considered the
Calling-Station-Id, and they are unwilling to modify or create a patch to
"fix" this.

So for my purposes, i need the Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id
to be the same on both the star and stop records, since the start record is
always correct, what do I need to do to have FR "fix" the stop record when
it receives it to show the same Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id
as the Start Record?

Thanks in advance,

Lenir