Selecting one of multiple Ldap server in users file

Gerald Richter richter at ecos.de
Wed Dec 28 11:46:53 CET 2005

Hi,

I want to use more than one ldap server to authenticate users. I have setup
a users file that sets the Autz-Type so one of two ldap server are selected
for authorization. Since it is not known which kind of authentication
information is provied by the user, chap is also included, like

Authorize
	{
	preprocess
	suffix
	file
	Auth-Type aldap1
		{
		chap
		ldap1
		}
	Auth-Type aldap2
		{
		chap
		ldap2

My problem is now when it comes the authentication, because both instances
of the ldap module sets the Auth-Type to LDAP, it will only work with one
ldap server. Also I cannot set the Auth-Type in the users file, because it
might also be set to CHAP by the chap module.

How can I specify which ldap server to use for authentication in such a
case? Is there a possibility to include the module instance name in the
Auth-Type?

Thanks

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

E-Mail:     richter at ecos.de          Voice:   +49 6133 939-122

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **