New Setup Issues

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Thu Jul 7 01:10:35 CEST 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Jonathan Lindsey wrote:

> Thanks, I have read the readme, man pages, and I even have the O'Reilly
> book on Radius.  All of which I have read.  I still don't know why it's
> not working.  Maybe I'm a dumbass.  I was just being thorough with the
> config files.
> -Jonathan Lindsey

How about this part of the readme

----------
3. DEBUGGING THE SERVER

  Run the server in debugging mode, (radiusd -X) and READ the output.
We really can't emphasize this enough.
----------

What does radiusd -X show you?  That would be helpful to post here if you
want someone to be able to help.

As far as tailing a file goes, debug output (radiusd -X) will be more
helpful until you get it working.  But if you want to see it now, you
might want to check the variables in radiusd.conf that looks something
like.

logdir = /var/log
log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log

If your radiusd.conf file also looks like that, then I'd try
/var/log/radius.log.