Radius, Radsec, Diameter [was: Silly question - secure Radius?]

Stefan Winter freeradius-users-ml at stefan-winter.de
Fri Jul 8 08:23:39 CEST 2005

Hi!

> radsec?  It addresses the server->server problem, not the supplicant
> login problem.
> Sure, it's on the radar, but so far there hasn't been much
> *practical* interest in implementing it.

Speaking of a radar - is an implementation of the Diameter protocol something
you have on that radar as well?
To my knowledge, no real usable implementation exists. The only serious thing
on Open Source side I have seen is opendiameter (www.opendiameter.org), but
they are only providing libraries for Diameter internals so far. If you want
to do a real, practical task, like "I would like to authnuse Active Directory
as a backend authentication and TTLS-PAP for the credential transport" you
are pretty much on your own right now.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg