Shipping freeradius and mysql

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Jul 8 23:57:03 CEST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
Sonali Karmarkar <sonali_karmarkar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using freeradius 1.0.2 on mandrake 10.1.
> The question I want to post is about shipping freeradius
> to customers.
> I have written a script to install freeradius, mysql, java and
> my product. Every time I use the script, I run into different
> errors while installing freeradius. The errors range from
> rlm_sql drivers errors , rlm_token errors, sometimes c compiler
> settings on my system.

Seems like your script needs some sanity checks, e.g check if mysql headers are there etc before compiling.

> What is the correct way to ship freeradius to the customer so that
> all the installation errors are taken care of ?

One way would be to create a package for your system with precompiled binaries.
Another way would be to use a system with ports or similar if you want to compile your freeradius.
And then possibly create a package of your compiled bins.
On FreeBSD you run:
# cd /usr/ports/net/freeradius/ ;  make package
Then you can install your package on any supported system with pkg_add freeradius-1.0.2.tbz
Pretty trivial.
It is also doable on Mandarek if you build an rpm.
Btw, 1.0.2 has security holes and 1.0.4 is out.

Cheers,
Marcin Jessa