Problems authenticating and assigning DHCP addresses

jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu
Sat Jul 9 22:45:01 CEST 2005

I am running Freeradius-1.0.4 from source.  Radius is accessed by XP requesting
through a Cisco AP.  I am running PEAP (MS-CHAP-V2) w/ SQL.

My first question is:

	How do I tie all of this together with a DHCPd server, so that they
	authenticated clients can be assigned an IP address.  I am using
	VLAN tunnel attributes so that, when DHCP support /is/ implemented, I
	can assign different IP addresses with different access privileges.

	How can I implement a DHCPd server into my configuration?

Second question:

	How can I authenticate against a Crypt-Password, in SQL?

	I am able to receive an Access-Accept when using a clear
	text password (Attribute=Password), through XP.  I receive:

  rlm_eap_tls: Done initial handshake
  eaptls_process returned 7
  rlm_eap_peap: EAPTLS_OK
  rlm_eap_peap: Session established.  Decoding tunneled attributes.
  rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.
  rlm_eap_peap: Tunneled data is valid.
  rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure, rejecting.
 rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/peap
  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 9
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid for request 9
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [johnk/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client Aironet1100 port 318 cli 000e.35b5.eb8f)
Delaying request 9 for 1 seconds
Finished request 9
Going to the next request

	when using Crypt-Password.  However, Crypt-Password works fine
	when testing with radtest.

Sincerely,
--johnk