Problems authenticating and assigning DHCP addresses

Vladimir Vuksan vlists at veus.hr
Mon Jul 11 02:05:28 CEST 2005

jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu wrote:

>My problem with TTLS, is that for what I can tell, Microsoft has no
>native support for TTLS.  Only PEAP.
>
>If someone can tell me of another method for doing a TLS tunnel, with no
>client certificate neeed, and use Crypt passwords, I would be very happy!

That is correct. The only way to use Crypted passwords is using TTLS
with PAP authentication in the inner tunnel. PEAP will not do it. Unless
you have NT/LMv2 hashes in your database or clear text passwords. This
is how you set up different clients to use TTLS+PAP

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/wpa-client-config.html

Vladimir