problems authenticating

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jul 12 18:34:38 CEST 2005

jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu wrote:
> What I find interesting, is if I use NT-Password and or LM-Password,
> in the radcheck table, the sql authorization complains:
> rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from user [johnk]

  The documentation for the SQL module says that "==" is a comparison
operator.  The debug log shows there is no "NT-Password" attribute in
the request, so you can't use "==" in the debug log to compare to
anything.  Use ":="

> Does this not mean that my supplicant is sending a password response
> in the form of User-Password, and not in NT/LM form?

  No.  Read the debug log.  There is no User-Password or NT-Password
in the packet.