rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication

melvin melvin.wong at muvee.com
Wed Jul 13 17:11:03 CEST 2005

Hi all,
Currently I need to use ldap to authenticate my users and I keep encountering the same problem "rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication". I have tried adding
"checkItem       User-Password                   userPassword" into ldap.attrmap but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas how I can enable radius to authenticate thru ldap?

rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
  modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns invalid for request 0
modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.

cheers,
melvin