FreeRadius and PIX 520 accounting

lmarante at aerolineas.com.ar lmarante at aerolineas.com.ar
Thu Jul 14 02:20:28 CEST 2005

Hello everyone

This subject was once asked but I've never seen a clear answer about it.

I'm using FreeRadius 0.9.3 to authenticate our VPN users connecting
through our PIX 520 with OS version 6.3. I'd like to enable accounting
also so I can restrict only one connection per user simultaneously.

Last I checked, there was some kind of incompatibility between the packets
the firewall is sending and what FreeRadius is expecting to recieve. I
wanted to know if this is somehow "patched" in 1.0.4 or if it will still
not work.

Also, if it's not fixed in freeradius, anyone knows if upgrading to the OS
version 7 will fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Lior Marantenboim.