Server Suggestion

Michael Griego mgriego at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:13:50 CEST 2005

We have a similar setup... about the same number of APs and users, more
online simultaneously.  And, we're enforcing PEAP reauths every 15 minutes.

We're running 2 Dell Poweredge 650s, each with a single 2.4GHz P4, 512MB
RAM, single 40GB hard drive in failover.  The first 650 takes the brunt
of the auth traffic, but, since RADIUS and even EAP-TLS is really low
overhead, those servers hardly ever see a load average of .1 unless I'm
doing something like compiling a new version of the FR code.

--Mike

Michael Griego
Wireless LAN Project Manager
The University of Texas at Dallas