Different Passwd Files on Different Servers

Bryan Beronilla bberonilla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:53:04 CEST 2005

I'm relatively new to the radius universe and I'd like to ask your
help regarding my freeradius concerns.  We're trying to configure
freeradius to read from different passwd files based on their domains.
 We have around 20 virtual domains spanning 2 servers.  Now my
question is two-fold:

1.  How will I configure the conf files in order to authenticate
different users to different passwd and shadow files based on their
domain names?   Do I go the configurable failover route?  If so, can
anyone give me tips or forward me a good link on how to set this up?

2.  What is the most elegant way of accessing the passwd files on the
second server?  Should I set up another radius server on the second
box and pass on the request?  Or is there a better alternative.

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to pass along.

Barok Beronilla