Multiple Root Contexts

Mearl Danner jmdanner at samford.edu
Wed Jul 20 17:01:13 CEST 2005

Might try downloading this and reading. It's very helpful.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir_radius/pdfdoc/radadmin/radadmin.pdf

If that's 3 separate "o=" at the root of the tree, the this from the above document.

Example for Creating Multiple Instances of LDAP Module

If you want multiple search bases, you can create multiple LDAP modules, by using the following
syntax in the module section of the radiusd.conf.

modules {
ldap ldap1 {
attribute = value
attribute = value
ldap ldap2 {
attribute = value
attribute = value
ldap ldap3 {
attribute = value
attribute = value

You can use the configured modules in authorize, authenticate and post-authenticate sections by
specifying the module name and instance name. For example:

authorize{
ldap ldap1
ldap ldap2

>>> <jp at joshmp.com> 7/20/2005 9:51 AM >>>
Here is my setup:
FreeBSD 4.11 server with FreeRADIUS 1.0.4 authorizing/authenticating users in an
eDirectory Tree on a NetWare 6.5 server.

My issue:
There are three root contexts in the tree.  If I set the basedn to context1, I
can successfully authorize/authenticate users in context1, but I need FreeRADIUS
to search all three contexts for users, and I can't figure out a way to add all
three as a basedn at the same time.

Thanks in advance,

Josh