about adding new attributes

Ranjitsinh Wable wable at samsung.com
Mon Jul 25 14:38:28 CEST 2005

Dear Alan,

Thanks for the details.
I am bit new to this field so if I am asking very prelimnary questions then
excuse me.
If I understood the concept, the addition of the new attribute will have
following steps.
Correct me if I am wrong.

 1) Include the vendor specific file in the main dictionary file.
 2) Define the Vendor Name with code (How to get this code?)
(Do we need to add this vendor code in user config file when we want that
attribute to be added in reply?)
 3) Define the Attibutes what you require
 4) Define the possible values for the attribute (Does is check for the
wrong value set in the configuration file?)

If this is done then we can add the field in the request and response
message respectively.

Now my question goes like this. Lets take an example

I want to send the username in the request. When the AAA server want to
reply it
will attribute form a packet with the attibutes mentioned in the 'user'
configuration file.

But say we want to add the attribute in the reply message whose value is
based on the
already defined attribute? Does user need to take care of adding that
attribute or we need to
modify the code to add such inteligence to the code? If yes then which file
may need to change?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wable R. U.